Court Appointed Guardianship Training - 8 Hour Education Course
This is a required course for appointed non-professional guardians and those who seek to serve as a guardian.
Each person appointed by the court to be a guardian must complete the required hours of instruction and education within four months of appointment. This eight hour State mandated course will cover the following topics to fulfill the training requirements for Guardianship Education required by the State of Florida F.S. 744.3145 and has been approved by the Circuit Court of the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit, Administrative Order 2011-0.
- Describe the legal duties and responsibilities of the guardian of property of a minor.
- Explain the preparation of the verified inventory and annual reports required by the court.
- Describe types of entitlements and benefits for a ward.
- Explain guardian's relationship to attorney representing the ward and the actions that require court approval and those that do not require approval.
- Describe the legal duties and responsibilities of the guardian.
- Discuss the rights of the ward.
- List the availability of local resources to aid the ward.
- Develop and prepare habilitation plans and the annual guardianship report including financial accounting for the ward's property.
- Have a basic understanding of what is expected in the courtroom.
Certificates will be issued at completion of the course and must be submitted to the
Clerk of Court.
Instructor: Judy K. Mace is a certified and registered guardian with the State of Florida. Judy possesses a degree in Business Administration from Indiana State University. She has served as a trust administrator in banking and is currently working as a full-time guardian.
Anyone interested in becoming a Guardian.
- Course Type: Continuing Education Institute, Licensing & Certifications
- Length: Minimum of 8.00 hours
- Format: Classroom
- SIGN UP TODAY! Limited Seating! For more information Call Toll FREE 1.888.283.1177
- Contact your local Clerk of Court for any detailed instructions.